Please verify otp which is sent on :
GSTR 9 is an annual return to be filed yearly by taxpayers registered under GST.
Points to note:
- It consists of details regarding the outward and inward supplies made/received during the relevant previous year under different tax heads i.e. CGST, SGST & IGST and HSN codes.
- It is a consolidation of all the monthly/quarterly returns (GSTR-1, GSTR-2A, GSTR-3B) filed in that year.
Though complex, this return helps in extensive reconciliation of data for 100% transparent disclosures.
Our professional fees start from INR 2499.
All taxpayers/taxable persons registered under GST must file their GSTR 9. The following entities are NOT required to file GSTR 9:
-Taxpayers opting composition scheme (They must file GSTR-9A)
- Casual Taxable Person
- Input service distributors
- Non-resident taxable persons
- Persons paying TDS under section 51 of CGST Act.
GSTR-9 filing for businesses with turnover up to Rs 2 crore made optional for FY 17-18 and FY 18-19*.
*As per the decision taken in 37th GST Council meeting held on 20th September 2019. Subject to the notification.
The due date to file GSTR-9 is further extended to November 30, 2019.
The late fees for not filing the GSTR 9 within the due date is Rs 100 per day, per act. That means late fees of Rs 100 under CGST and Rs 100 under SGST will be applicable in case of delay.
- Thus, the total liability is Rs 200 per day of default.
- This is subject to a maximum of 0.25% of the taxpayer’s turnover in the relevant state or union territory. However, there is no late fee on IGST yet.
GSTR-9 is easy to file and needs details that are easily available from your previously filed returns and books of accounts.
- Broadly, this form asks for disclosure of annual sales, bifurcating it between the cases that are subject to tax and not subject to tax.
- On the purchase side, the annual value of inward supplies and ITC availed thereon is to be revealed.
- Furthermore, these purchases have to be classified as inputs, input services, and capital goods. Details of ITC that needs to be reversed due to ineligibility is to be entered.
- Easy personalized services
- Cost effective
- A simple 19-point checklist to identify potential errors
- Invoice-level reconciliation of GSTR-1 with books of accounts
- One-click GSTR-9 data upload to GSTN
- Ease of doing business with abiZa